* Peter Ong – ETU (Qld & NT)
* Andrew Bonnell – NTEU National Vice President
* Dave Sweeney
* David McBride – Former military lawyer and whistleblower
* Speaker from Independent and Peaceful Australia Network
* Ella Gutteridge – UQ Union Environment Officer
* Aahana Nag and Layla Farquharson – School Strike 4 Climate
The Albanese Labor government has embraced the AUKUS military alliance with the US and the UK with open arms and is committed to spending $368 billion on nuclear submarines as part of the deal.
This is military madness and many unions and others in the labour movement, including former Labor Prime Minister, Paul Keating, have criticised the deal. This is money that could be spent on housing, health, aged care, education, renewable energy, increasing the Jobseeker allowance and more. It also risks provoking an arms race or even war with China which will come at the cost to workers everywhere.
This is not what we voted for in the 2022 election. Make sure your voice is heard at the ALP National Conference by joining our rally for peace.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
ETU (Qld & NT)
MUA Vets (Qld)
Retired AMWU (Qld)
Just Peace (Qld)
Women’s International League for Peace & Freedom (Qld)
Independent and Peaceful Australia Network (Qld)
Refugee Action Collective (Qld)
Wooloongong Against War and Nukes
Labor Against the War
UQ Environment Collective
Union of Australian Women (Qld)